Progression Opportunities




Hello, my names Bethany Raine and i'll be writing about my musical theatre journey firstly i'll talk about opportunities and goals for me as a musical theatre performer. The main opportunities for me is to become a musical theatre performer is that I could work on West End shows or even Broadway or going to HND/ university level degree to expand my learning in musical theatre, but there's many different ways that you can find different kind of opportunities for example you could hold workshops or work at a dance convention for example "Can You Dance?" or "move it", to help my goals in the future I would go to dance city in Newcastle for multiple Disneyland parade auditions, for example I would involve myself in going to musical theatre workshops all over the country and having to build up enough stamina for the parades, but to also have to cope being in big costumes and having to adapt myself to any temperature when the parade is in different seasons.

Job careers for musical theatre people:
  • Cruise ship dancer
  • Perform at holiday parks
  • Perform abroad
  • Work as a freelance artist
  • Learn kids with disabilities how to dance and act

Work experience:
  • You can work in theatres (backstage or as box office)
  • Can do workshops and have interviews with professional employers
  • Apply for small performance companies  
  • Ambassador theatre companies
Funding:
  • Arts Council England - This fund aims to support new opportunities for children and young people from areas of low cultural engagement and high levels of deprivation to design their own programme of workshops, events and productions as well as developing backstage and technical skills.
  • Equity - they bring together entertainment professionals and ensures their demands are heard: whether these are for decent pay, better health and safety regulations, or more opportunities for all – regardless of class, age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation. Even when our members perform solo, they are not alone.
  • The British council - All there projects are developed and co-funded with there overseas partners. They usually work with these partners to select artists and companies. It’s therefore unusual for them to get involved with a project that has already been developed separately. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part of Your World

You'll Be Back

I'd Give My Life For You