Waiting for Godot


 In December i performed the comical "Waiting for Godot" by Samuel Beckett, in this play it's about two clowns Vladimir and Estragon who are waiting for a person called Godot who doesn't arrive. In this performance we had to work in pairs but before all of that i got taught the tree different types tragic, pathetic and simple. As me and my partner got our script we sectioned the script into three to help us with the learning process and to see where the slapstick routine would feel comfortable and tidy.

what went well:
  • understood the character Estragon
  • I felt more confident in my acting compared to Yerma at the beginning of the year
  • with it being the hardest and longest script i picked it up quicker and did further research on my characters background
  • I understood what type of comedy but also when and where is was and wasn't funny
  • sometimes me and my partner forgot our lines so when we did, we made up a backup in case it was to happen on stage
  • I enjoyed the script because i could adapt to different styles of comedy and acting
  • I loved the experience that Waiting for Godot gave me as i felt my confidence increase because i could bring in a comedic presence
what didn't go well:
  • my partner wasn't in some of the rehearsals didn't have much improvement before it was the final performance
  • when we rehearsed we didn't use the tree as much which would of effected the performance
  • when i did my performance on the stage i kept looking at the audience in stead of above them 
  • sometimes went on stage my facial expressions would start to fade because i was to focus on my lines
  • as a technique me and my partner mirroring which didn't go as well because of my partner being off
  • i relied on my script much instead of learning my lines

Reflection

when i reflect on this performance this was very different to Yerma , especially the subject was a lot more comedic and also serious in parts. I felt as a whole performance it went well however there was a lot of things to take away from this performance to be worked on. I felt if we had had more time together as a partnership we could have come off script a lot quicker and be able to give a much cleaner performance. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part of Your World

You'll Be Back

I'd Give My Life For You