Yerma





As one of my performances for this year I performed "Yerma" by Simon Stone it shows a couple going through struggles of having children while performed glass box to show there empty house but also can show a festival and a wedding reception. I got given a task by making a performance with my peers about what I thought Yerma was about, as a result I and my peers did a dance about relationship abuse and also acting where one person would speak a monologue but as different people and the others would dance as the partner but around the person saying there lines. The rehearsal process was difficult at times because of some people being off and because of the routine being as hard as the subject matter of relationship abuse we had to research how it affects people mentally and how other people showed it through the expression of dance. 

What went well
 
  • i felt we stayed in character throughout the performance 
  • fantastic use of facial expressions 
  • aspects of acting and dancing was seen in the whole performance 
  • great use of props - symbolic for the performance 
  • performance was very real and believable
  • worked well within the small group 
What didnt go so well 

  • A lot of fidgeting could be seen on stage 
  • When one of the peers was saying their lines i was lip syncing without realising
  • Need to keep focused on what is happening on the stage 
  • Some topics felt like they had been repeated through the scene 
  • On reflection , may be we could have incorporated more colour as we were all dressed in black and with the background also being black we blended in 
Reflection 

Going forward we worked very well as a team within this small group so would not change this. I felt that my dancing has improved since performing this piece as i express myself more. I am more confident on stage doing movement not always dance , adapting to change really quickly. 

I felt more emotion doing this piece due to the topic it was about however i felt like i used my facial expressions more and improving with my acting skills. Working in a small group i felt this worked really well as you get a few people giving ideas but not too many and felt it kept the performance compact. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part of Your World

You'll Be Back

I'd Give My Life For You