April Milestone


Performance day for speakeasy

 As in my march milestone last month i mentioned about doing rehearsals for the speakeasy performance at the Firestation. I had a tech rehearsal on the Thursday and Robbie who was the main director for the show had us rehearse in the space then placed us where it was best then we worked through dance to dance so we know when do go through to start the dance. Then on the Friday we had to be there by six to have a talk and run through it once then we performed at 7:30.

What went well during the performance:

  • I had use good character while doing the different emotions of both the routines.
  • I had remembered both routines including the partner parts and characterisation within the scene.
what did i need to improve on in the performance:
  • I needed to keep looking up at times during the routine.
  • I needed to keep up the energy through out the performance.

 Musical rehearsals started


In the beginning of April i had started to create ensemble routines for the musical my group had created, for the routines i needed to have different styles for different emotions including the school scene is more energetic which is different for the final scene in act 1 is more physical theatre. 

What went well in rehearsals:

  • I was confident with given the task to create the routines.
  • I workshopped a lot of ideas and used "the process of elimination" and record them to see what looks better.
  • When doing the routine I made sure that it looks advance but it would be easy for the ensemble to learn and ask if there's anything wrong with what the routines are.
what could be improved:
  • I needed more rehearsal time to make sure i could remember the routines.
  • sometimes i would forget to record the routines.

April target:
 
 
My April target was to improve my flexibility, to achieve this i stretched every day and record my self doing various jumps and different dance stretches i think this this was helpful to keep taking photos to show how far i have improve since the last time i had stretched. Below is some examples of what i had done. As i did this everyday and i looked at what i could of been improved and what i needed to work on.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part of Your World

You'll Be Back

I'd Give My Life For You