May Milestone

 

The musical

As the musicals is in two weeks i have took my role as choreographer more seriously because we needed more ensemble numbers in the musical. So the three routines where for broken wing, imagine place and monsters all created by my peers who are also in the musical. As for the three routines some are a lot different styles of dance and have a different story for each. For some rehearsals we workshopped ideas and looked at physical theatre companies and different musical theatre productions including the prom. It was a challenge for me to do different styles because i focus most on contemporary style dance but it also improves my dance styles more and i can expand more in the future.

what i improved on:

  • I focus more on everyone else and who needs help in the different areas of the routines.
  • I lead warm ups with the other choreographers.
  • I confidently taught my peers choreography. 
Charity showcase

To support the Ukraine war i took part in a showcase to raise money for them, for my routine me and Shannon did a hunger games duet to Luke Hemmings "bloodline". The routine was a contemporary themes with lyrical mixed into it at times. The rehearsal process was over two days before the showcase, but what the story could be which is how we got to the idea of a survival of the fittest which would bring in the hunger games part of the story. The hardest part of this rehearsal process was trying to think of different levels of the jumps and rolls for example we went to the front and ran to the back then went from a high reach to then roll fully on the floor. What helped me the most during the performance was to use my face at all times to show i was in pain and fighting for my life. The video below of how the final performance look like (i'm the one who starts from the right side), my target for this month was to try and make my muscle memory better by creating more routines and to try and remember them as much as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part of Your World

You'll Be Back

I'd Give My Life For You